Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Oak Tree

So Ryan got a card from his co-ed recreational volleyball team on Tuesday before Ryan ever knew what was going on in a conference room on the 5th floor of Riley Hospital, this is what  the card said:

The Oak Tree
A Message of Encouragement




A mighty wind blew night and day.
It stole the oak tree's leaves away.
Then snapped it boughs and pulled its bar
Until the Oak was tired and stark.
But still the oak tree held its ground
While other trees fell all around.

The wear wind gave up and spoke,
"How can you still be standing, Oak?
The oak tree said, "I know that you
Can break every branch of mine in two,
Carry every leaf away,
Shake my limbs, and make me sway.

But I have roots stretched in the earth,
Growing stronger since my birth.
You'll never touch them, for you see,
They are the deepest part of me.

Until Today, I wasn't sure
Of just how much I could endure.
But now I've found with thanks to you,
I'm stronger than I ever knew.

6 comments:

  1. Perfect from Aunt Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful poem of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fitting...keep your hopes up. Miracles do happen every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfect that he recieved that card on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I am a new follower from the Mom Blog Network

    I look forward to reading your blog.

    Kari @
    http://shining2save.com

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback; however, if you have nothing nice, encouraging, uplifting or insightful to say don't say anything at all. Thank You!