Monday, August 6, 2012

Well that Kinda Sucked.

There is really no better way to word it. The last 24.......48.....72 hours have sucked. Since the last post I have been on an emotional roller coaster. My OB decided to wait until he drew blood today to see what my levels were before doing anything {this was completely fine with me as I didn't really want to have to make the decision on what to do, just let it work itself out and hopefully God would show we which direction I should take}. Well, he did.

Friday ended with a little bit of bleeding but by that point I really wasn't phased by blood since I had such a bad bleed on Wednesday.

It stopped and by Saturday I had a wee bit of hope maybe everything would be fine even though the ultrasound tech thought we were dealing with a blighted ovum, I guess that is what I get for turning to Mr. Google and actually finding that ray of hope. Anyway........Around 4:30 Saturday evening while watching Pretty Little Liars (my newest vice on Netflix since I ran out of Felicity episodes) I started to get a little crampy. I went to the bathroom and low and behold there was blood. Again, not so much of a freak out moment since I have seen so much since Wednesday. The minor cramping stopped but the blood did not. It continued while out celebrating family birthday's at O'Charley's and even went well into the night. At one point in the wee hours of morning I debated waking my sleeping husband to take me to the ER because I was going through a pad an hour, but the thing that got me was My last miscarriage was VERY painful.

By morning the bleeding had slowed way down but I was exhausted. I think between being up between 130-330 am monitoring the situation and all the blood that I lost I was whooped. I lounged on the couch all day after going back to bed at 830 am and sleeping till 1145.

Fast Forward to this morning. I started bleeding again but I kinda chalked it up to my progesterone suppositories {it seemed to correlate in my brain}. My blood draw was at noon. Then I came home and waited for the ominous phone call. When they didn't call by 345 I called them. I spoke with my doctors nurse who relayed the message to him. She called me back about 45 minutes later with the news that my HcG was now at 400, down from 2800 last Wednesday. Obviously not the news that I WANTED to hear but it was news that I pretty much knew I was gonna hear. We had a couple minute conversation in which I asked her to check with my doctor to see about an appointment to talk about where we go from here. Two miscarriages in 6 months is not exactly a great track record. I am thinking we should talk to someone and start with blood work before we try again. I seem to not have a problem getting pregnant its the staying pregnant that is my issue.

To top it off, today marks 8 months since our sweet Keegan took his last earthly breath. When it pours.

post signature


  1. I wish I could take away the pain from you. Nobody should have to endure what you and your husband have been and are going through. Please know that complete strangers like myself are praying for you and thinking of you. Hugs from Minnesota!

  2. Hi Beth,
    I am sorry to hear this. You are going through so much you must be numb. I am praying and praying for you and Ryan. Praying for healing and for direction as where you should head.



We love feedback; however, if you have nothing nice, encouraging, uplifting or insightful to say don't say anything at all. Thank You!