Monday, August 24, 2009

30 weeks...lets start with a poem....

Time is moving slowly,
The day is almost here.

The anxiety and joy is building up,
For my baby boy will soon appear.

I can't wait to see your smiling face,
And hold your little hand.

Just then I'll know deep inside
that you’re my little man.

I have so much to share with you day after day.
And to you my son I will give my love in each and every way.

Today, lord help me, marks 30 weeks. Its kind of surreal almost that in less than 10 weeks Ryan and I will have a son to love on, hug on, and take care! Its daunting yet so exciting. This past weekend we went to a birthday party for our good friends Dave and Angela's son. He turned 1 year old. Just watching the innocence and playfulness he had made me anxious! I couldn't actually believe that we were there to celebrate his 1st birthday, it seemed like just yesterday we were going to visit them in the hospital.

At our doctors appointment last Friday, my OB did all the normal stuff. Then I inquired on the whole "measuring ahead" business. Upon measuring my belly (which I believe is getting rounder by the day!) he asked how far ahead the ultrasounds are measuring. I replied 4 full weeks. He made a little noise and commented that this visit my uterus is now measuring ahead. While the ultrasound is way more accurate in predicting these things (per Dr. Mann) he did mention that Keegan will most likely be here in October sometime. I really don't know at this point whose call it is going to be to up my due date or just let it ride!

Like I mentioned earlier we had a birthday party on Saturday to attend and before that Laura and I did a little yard sailing. I found this really cute Little Tykes rocking motorcycle (BRAND NEW!) for $5! It makes all sorts of neat noises and lights up! I am way excited about it. I also founds LOTS of hand help manipulative's for $1 and they are the Lamaze brand! I have already cleaned all those up and am starting a "BIN" for them. That way I can rotate them so he doesn't get bored. Saturday night we went to Lowe's and bought the rest of the stuff we needed to finish the kitchen remodel that was started about a year ago. We bought all the shelving for the pantry. Both gallons of paint for the kitchen walls and baskets for some of my shelving. Now we have almost everything besides the trim work. YEA! Sunday we hung out at home, had our pancake breakfast and cleaned the house a little. I cleaned and Ry rearranged the bedroom to accommodate the bassinet that will be in there in a few short weeks! Its amazing what a difference cleaning and rearranging a room makes. Ry also worked on the pantry and made homemade salsa. All in all in a decent weekend!

Here is to hoping for a great yard sailing weekend next weekend! We also have my company picnic and my baby shower thrown my sisters (and maybe my mom-I'm not sure) on Sunday!

This week Little Keegan measures somewhere in the vicinity of a Squash. Its hard to believe he is that big already! I am peeing 3-4 times a night and just can't imagine how much bigger he (and I will get) They say the 8th month is a honeydew melon-all I have to say about that is WOW!



Best Moment of the Week: Buying my first nursing bra on clearance and LOVING it!

Movement: Everyday, its fun to feel him squirm
Food Cravings: Cake, cake and more cake!
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: some minor contrax here and there and some braxton's too...no biggy
Belly Button in or Out: almost non existent
Stretch Marks: no new ones, thank goodness
What I miss: being able to "maintain" my lady parts!
What I am looking forward to: Our maternity pics on September 12th!
Milestones: HUGENESS!

BTW-took some guts for me to post this pic, hope you like!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback; however, if you have nothing nice, encouraging, uplifting or insightful to say don't say anything at all. Thank You!