Saturday, September 26, 2009

One weird week....

Back on Monday I was supposed to update the blog it being week 34 and all. Not a lot to update but I was going to post a picture of the huge belly and talk about the joys of bed rest. Well, I didn't get around to it Tuesday because I felt like crap all day and ended up in Triage that night. Who would have known and Tuesday night I would be admitted to Triage only to be "admitted" to the women's hospital and induced for labor later that evening.
Lets Start on Saturday the 19th, one week ago. I was put on bed rest the previous Thursday due to Pre-Eclampsia and release from Triage on Friday the 18th. I had asked Dr. Mann if we could go ahead and do maternity pictures with Jeff on Saturday because we really wanted some pictures and hadn't had the chance to get them done. So he gave us the go ahead, saying to take it easy and not over do it. We didn't. We got some great shots in his nursery then went over the the University of Evansville campus and shot some more. We really can't wait to see how they turned out. I rested the rest of the day on Saturday and Sunday did more of the same. Just hung out trying to keep my blood pressure down and not to feel like complete crap. Sunday as I was getting ready to eat my wonderful pancake breakfast, that we have every Sunday, I began to throw up what little I could actually get down-TURNS OUT, that is not such a great the rest of the day I just took it easy.
I had a doctors appointment (follow up the the Triage admittance and test the previous Thursday and Friday) on Monday morning. Ry took me to his office for a 2 pm appointment. By the time I got back to have my BP done and my urine tested my BP was somewhere in the neighborhood of 168/eighty something. WAY HIGH! So we met with Dr. Mann who insisted we go down to Triage to be monitored for awhile and have more blood work drawn. So we immediately headed downstairs (thank goodness everything is in the same building) and got settled in our little room while I was hooked up to all the monitors. Turns out my liver enzymes were a little more elevated from the week before but they saw no reason to keep me over night. So we left and went home to have dinner and go night night. After dinner I began to have paint in my upper quadrant, right underneath my boobs. It is the oddest pain and VERY VERY VERY uncomfortable, to the point that I began crying and I had yet to really cry at that point. Ryan called mom and mom came over. She suggested I take some Tums, they seemed to help a little but not as much as I was hoping they would. Ultimately the pain subsided enough that I could fall asleep and stay asleep.
On Tuesday I woke up feeling better than the night before but trying to be aware of what I was eating in case I was starting to have gallbladder problems. I cut the fats out of my diet for the day and ate pretty bland. By 4 pm that upper quadrant paint had come back and with full force! I was in excruciating pain! I couldn't get comfortable, the only thing that seemed to help was warm/hot showers and it only relieved it while I was in the actual shower. I was beside myself not know what to do. Mom came over, we tried Mylanta, no such luck. I tried laying, sitting, being on all fours-NOTHING helped. I finally decided to call Dr. Mann's office. They had him call me and when I told him what was going on he said to go to Triage immediately, he was going to talk to Dr. Fitzpatrick (our high risk dr) and decide what needed to be done. He wanted to me to check into triage to start the blood work and be monitored for a while. Upon getting my blood work back, Dr Mann decided they need to induce because my liver enzymes had gotten worse since the day before along with my BP. They did a quick ultrasound to make sure he was head down, which he was and also to check his size. They estimated him to be 7 lbs 9 oz at that point. The go ahead was given and they admitted me to labor and delivery. I was given 2 teenie tiny little pills to start the thinning out of my uterus and the story continues in just a moment....


Post a Comment

We love feedback; however, if you have nothing nice, encouraging, uplifting or insightful to say don't say anything at all. Thank You!