As many of you know, unless you have been under a rock for the last 7 months, this year has been extremely hard and very emotionally demanding on not just Ry, Keegan and myself. But our entire group of friends and family. Through the many ups and down, you-my blog audience, friends, family and strangers alike have helped us along through the good times and bad. I would like you to take a look at the list of things I am thankful for, they are in no particular order-Just what comes to mind!
- For a great support system-Thanks to our parents, sisters, brothers, nieces, and nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins and great friends-without you I don't know if we would have come through all of this in one piece!
- For great nurses, doctors, and staff at Riley (as mentioned in a previous post) without you my son would not be doing as well as he is doing today! You have made all the difference!
- Patty & Katie-Keegan's PT and OT, they have helped him come such a long way while working around our strenuous hospital schedule and reginms-you ladies are angels on earth!
- Being out of the hospital for the holidays! We were released just yesterday to Ronald McDonald House after being inpatient for nearly a month and half while Keegan's immune system came back up after the transplant. We still have a long road to go but chemo is done!
- For the apartments at Ronald McDonald House. This is my home away from home. Although it is not home and we are not with extended family on this day of thanks, it does provide shelter, warm water, and a stove for my husband to cook a cute little baby turkey as our "thanksgiving feast."
- For netflix, it has been one of my saving graces during our hospital stays. I love being able to watch whatever movie or TV series "on demand" instead of the junk on TV.
- For The Aidan Brown Foundation for providing Keegan with an I PAD. We have started to download fun and interactive apps for Keegan to help with Fine and Gross motor but if you have any recommendations, that would be helpful!
- For a wonderful Mother-In-Law who went to be with the Lord 2 years ago today. She raised a son that is loving, kind, gentle, a great cook and a wonderful father amongst other things. We LOVE you always!
- Genetic testing. Labs have been sent and we are waiting to hear back to see if Keegans PTCH or PTEN genes are mutated as to answer the question why him.
- My mother and sister living with us to help support us during this rough time. Without them we surely would have lost our house by now and possibly other things due to lack of income.
- All our supporters around this great country of ours and others as well! Everyday I am thankful for your thoughts, prayers, and sweet cards we receive.
- The drugs that keep me sane.
- Last but not least this little boy, he is the light of our lives. Even though he is not 100% like many lucky people; we realize this could be worse and thank god everyday for his presence in our lives!
Happy Thanksgiving from Ry, Beth, and Kee!